DORMA– Carolina door controls, inc., Raleigh, NC – 2013 to Present
Hands on IT Director overseeing a $3 million operating budget for a $550 million commercial construction company and performed full-scope IT support for 450 users in 5 locations. Addressed the owner’s vision for the company by leveraging IT to shore up processes and production. Conducted yearly IT audits via 3rd party. Provided service and support for software, hardware, telecommunications and mobile devices.
- Centralized IT management, support, vendor management, and software licensing.
- Reduced costs of ISP by 50%, deploying centrally managed firewalls and wireless, in addition to rebuilding the infrastructure of all offices.
- Headed all technical aspects of Vista by Viewpoint ERP Implementation in an offsite virtual data center.
- Designed and built DRBC strategies in an organization that had none.
- Worked with management team to facilitate process mapping and to reduce workflow through multilayered applications deployments.
- Migrated from on premise Exchange to Office 365 hosting with Microsoft.
- Deployed Skype for Business for collaborative communication between the offices and field employees.
- Automated computer patch management via outsourced high level systems engineering and administration.
- Reduced cost of Mobile Device Management and cell phone contracts for 400 devices by $55,000/yr.
- Leveraged AirWatch MDM for licensing control of apps, email configurations, and remote iOS support.
DORMA– Carolina door controls, inc., Durham, NC – 2009 to Dec 2012
IT Manager / Sr Applications Systems Manager
Performed IT Manager functions, overseeing a $1 million operating budget for full-scope IT support for 250 divisional users in 12 locations, covering the east coast of the U.S. Managed vendors for ordering equipment, service management, and telecommunications problems. Provided services for software, hardware, telecommunications and mobile devices. Performed configuration, implementation, and management of 9 DFS Servers running Windows Server 2008 R2. Managed Active Directory, Printing Services, and Exchange 2003.
- Directed implementation of a new GPS tracking system, generating a first-year ROI of $270,000.
- Reduced helpdesk costs by $48,000 annually with installation of a DELL Kace CMS/Helpdesk.
- Served as Senior Administrator for JONAS Construction ERP built on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Cluster.
- Mobile device manager for 185 Mobile Phones for Verizon and Sprint.
- Oversaw telecommunications projects including a toll number consolidation, WAN upgrades, and a phone system upgrade aimed at redundancy elimination, lowering costs, and service improvements.
- Tested and successfully deployed Windows 7 64-bit machines throughout the company.
Ginn Resorts, Mt. Pleasant, SC – 2005 to 2008
Senior Systems Administrator
Developed strategies to mitigate risk, enhance customer service, and improve reliability while reducing costs in support of 15 remote sites serving 250 users in three states.
- Designed extensive customized functionalities for users of the JONAS and Springer Miller applications as well as conducting high-level troubleshooting.
- Dedicated support for 15 Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Perform Active Directory, user and security management.
- Managed Microsoft Exchange mailbox creation and administration of 300+ mailboxes.
- Facilitated a Mitel IP telephone system upgrade for all sites with on-time execution.
- Configured and administered Blackberry devices through a Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Jacobs Applied Technology, Goose Creek, SC – 2002 to 2005
Helpdesk Manager/Server Administrator
Managed the computer helpdesk for 400+ employees directing the activities of up to 4 technicians in a Novell/NT manufacturing environment. Set up computers, for new users; distributed A/V and VTC equipment for meetings; designed intranet web-based programs for end users.
- Successfully orchestrated a Novell to Windows 2000 Server migration for 400 machines in a 24-hour period. Subsequently installed XP on the same machines within two weeks. Developed a detailed execution plan resulting in flawless evolution.
- Upgraded a Rolm 9751 PBX to an Avaya PBX with 400+ nodes. Coordinated cutover effort with the vendor for a seamless transition to the new switch.
- Oversaw software revision updates and patches.
BEHR America, Charleston, SC – 2000 to 2001
Server Administrator & Technical Support
Performed wide-ranging support for local as well as multiple sites located throughout the U.S. Manager of a Lotus Notes email server for 2,000 mailboxes nationwide.
- Developed an inventory database in Access for all North American operations enabling equipment tracking and facilitating orderly upgrades of equipment.
- Designed Lotus Notes Databases for Remote Dial-in Access Approval, Internet Access Approval, and Vacation / Sick Time Tracking.
New Hope Treatment Centers, Summerville, SC – 1999 to 2000
Server Administrator & Technical Support
Effectively supported the administrative and technical needs for 250 users at 4 area facilities plus the home office operation. Managed maintenance of Exchange servers, an Internet information server, and a remote access server.
- Collaborated with the IS Director on an all-facility WAN and telephone system upgrade valued at $500,000. Conducted preliminary investigation on system requirements for incorporation into the project plan.
- Automated the work order processing with implementation of an Access based program establishing job priorities, status, and measuring productivity.
- Wrote policies and procedures for users outlining use and utilization of IT and telecommunications resources. Monitored the system for any infractions reporting same to the appropriate management.